TECS @ TECN.TV

Friday, August 11, 2017

Choosing the Future: The Power Of Media Is The Vessel of Change in Urban America




When the blessings of the Lord overtake you, it causes one to humbly consider their next steps.  I have been blessed recently with the responsibility of building two major Conservative Christian internet television networks.  The networks are to provide, 24 hours a day 7 days a week, content worthy of consideration by those seeking entertainment as well as enlightenment.  In a moment, God made me a servant leader of a dream and a prayer.  I tremble.

It has always been my dream to give the world, especially in urban America an alternative voice. Through much of my life, I lived without hearing the sincere messages of the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ, the profound strength of the US Constitution, the ingenuity of capitalism, the radiance of Classical liberalism, and the beauty--the matchless beauty--of individual sovereignty.  The tender heart of my old age winces at what I lost in my youth.  Yet, as the blood pumps boldly through my veins, the promises of God provoke me still to create an alternative message that will draw the young that they may hear a word that encourages them to possess a zest for life and all its pursuits of happiness.  While many will say that they imagined this day would come for themselves, I must sincerely confess that I never thought a thing like this possible for me.  Trust me, I am not the wisest of men.  I am not the wealthiest nor the strongest.  In my flawed heart, I sincerely do not believe myself worthy in and of my own accord.  God has always been better to me than I deserve.  In this moment of inheritance, I tremble.


Webster's Dictionary 1828 defines success as "the favorable or prosperous termination of any thing attempted; a termination which answers the purpose intended; properly in a good sense, but often in a bad sense."  While seemingly cold, the definition casts the possibilities of any pursuit.  The reality is that in anything pursued, especially business, there are two possible outcomes.  The end may be prosperity and accolades.  The end may be bankruptcy and public ridicule.  Success is not what we would prefer but, the providential outcome of our journey.  Good or bad, we shall be known by the fruit that we bear or not.  I have but, one choice of two decisions to make: pursue or end.  In this moment of pondering, I pray for wisdom.

From its Latin origins succedere meaning "get on well, prosper, be victorious", we have shared the preferences of our ancestors.  We have always wanted to do well.  As the dawn extends its radiant fingers beneath the darkness of night, I thoroughly wish to be successful in this pursuit.  I know that many returning to school or starting a new career as the days become shorter and the nights colder share this desire.  We wonder solemnly, “What is “success” and how will I know its destination?  Will it bear no burdens?  Will I have all of my friends?  Will I be wealthy beyond compare?  Will there be pain and sorrow?”  The whole of victoriously moving forward is often corrupted by our incessant nature to look back at only the bad outcomes.  We have only known failure and thus, we must repeat what we know.  We begin with an end in mind--defeat.  It is now that we prepare the public notice to our family and friends of our utter demise.  It surely does not help that you shall report this to the “I Told You So” Party.  Please give due notice of thirty days so that the masses may prepare to wrap themselves in the finest garb, rinse their teeth with the most magnificent Chablis, and celebrate your most evident demise.  No, this shall not be my beginning nor my end.  I shall not fail.  

http://www.theexceptionalconservativeshow.com/tecn--tv.html

Most of us want to be successful in the eyes of others.  Don’t look at me crossly by the sworn conviction that not everyone wants to be.  Imagine the price that must be paid and sacrifices offered.  Really?  Do we all want to succeed?  Forget not that there is an industry built on the target of failure--victimization.  It is so much easier and, often, more profitable to blame another for our failures.  Indeed, the failure is not by my design or the providential outcomes of my decisions.  No!!!  It was the color of my skin.  It was where I worshipped.  It was because I was bullied in sixth grade.  No way, gimoozaabi, it was always the MAN!  Not all indeed desire advancement.

However, many want to know the feeling and the fact of Glory.  We even want to be so smug that we can find comfort in our achievements.  I desire to progress in a way that all will prosper and God will get the Glory.  These are my questions and expressions to a Loving God.  This is my heart string as the sun rises.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Pele, was, in 1999, voted World Player of the Century by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) and Athlete of the Century by the International Olympic Committee.  The soccer phenom was once asked to define “success”.  He defined it this way, “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”  As I have begun building The Exceptional Conservative Network® (TECN), I have become acquainted with each of these tenets.  The labors required to build a brand, market it to consumers and stakeholders, encourage volunteer staff, support tremendous hosts, operate a network, and then, host my own show are intellectually, emotionally, and often, physically, exhaustive.  Not a whine or complaint, it is merely an observation.  

http://www.theexceptionalconservativeshow.com/tecn--tv.html

Success is neither a civil nor natural right.  It is, however, a worthy privilege--a particular and peculiar benefit or advantage enjoyed by a person, company or society, beyond the common advantages of other citizens.  The most sensitive amongst us would immediately harp on the concept of the citizenry.  “So are you saying, Ken, that only American citizens can be successful?”  No, safe space person, I am not.  I am acknowledging that while we may all have a similar start, our ends are not guaranteed.  It is His Grace and Mercy that allows us the privilege of achieving our intended goal, whatever it may be.  It is our purpose--that which a person sets before himself as an object to be reached or accomplished--that will require our complete essence.  Of the fiber character necessary for our Nation to remain free and independent, Thomas Jefferson prescribed what would we need most: “And for the support of this declaration we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, & our sacred honour.”  As the sun ebbs above the horizon, I know what God will require in order to please Him and to make TECN successful.  It will require all of me even when I do not want to give or sacrifice.  All of me is peanuts in comparison to all that He has given.

It is that.  

Giving everything that you are to accomplish your end.  The passion--Latin pati "to endure, undergo, experience"--requirements of an employee is different than an owner’s.  The good, the bad, and the ugly of what you must endure, undergo, and experience is never equal despite the similar stewardship demands.  When I entered Blue Cross in my 20’s, I gave a lot but, in the end, I was an employee.  I was not giving everything.  When I entered the Pentagon in my 30’s, I gave my time and commitment to make certain that our military personnel and overseas citizens voted.  However, in the end, it wasn’t all of me.  When I entered Lydia’s House in my 40’s, I gave as much of me as possible to make certain that the impoverished excelled financially.  I gave but, it was not all of me.  I was passionate as an employee but, I was not the owner.  If anything, capitalism has taught me that, in free markets, ownership requires more than employment.  For an employee, it’s a paycheck.  For an owner, it’s an investment.  For an employee, it’s eight and then, on to the next important thing.  For the owner, there is no beginning and no end.  For the employee, every decision is a potential public fiasco.  For the owner, everything must be securely private and confidential even if it is a public fiasco.  In the end, we hope that all will prosper in achieving their goals.  The signature is on the check.  The decision to upgrade equipment is yours.  Everyone must be paid before you.  The vision you possess must be large enough for others to dream within it.  For the promise of success, others devote their talents, gifts and skills.  Your passion must be so great that you are willing to deny yourself, pick up your Cross, and follow His Will.   


As the sun bares its warmth fully upon the Earth, the whispers from my lips emote the enormous concerns.  This exercise must not result in failure or futility.  Building two Internet television networks that are competitive with Mainstream Media and Established RINO Broadcasters seem more myth than potential achievement.  I have heard the challenges:

“Who will listen?
“Whom will watch?
“Is this even needed?
“Will Inner-City people even consider it an option?”
“No one has yet, heard of you!”
“Whom will even partner with you?”

No matter how long I persevere, it seems I return to these challenges.  Above the accomplishments, the heavy fog of inadequacy seems to eclipse all.   

Ken Poirot wrote, “The Six Steps to Success [are]: (1) Define Success; (2) Devise a Plan;  (3) Execute and Overcome Adversity;  (4) Measure Results with Key Metrics; (5) Revise the Plan; and (6) Work Hard”.  Success must be more than profitable media networks.  There must be a change in our culture measured by the peace and prosperity of our people.  A change that was encouraged by authentic reforms within individuals and families, the economy, the neighborhoods, the education systems, the government, and our Faith outlets.  Reforms that were generated by a repentance of the people.  A change of mind, body, soul, and strength secured by an intense moral order and conformity to the rule of law.  As the Nation advances, so must Urban America advance.


Our plan begins with recruiting the best Christian conservative hosts in the world.  Yes, that means international!  Getting from behind the PC and into the community where the world can witness the power of Urban Conservatism.  The great adversity for many hosts is the lack of corporate sponsorship which requires the depletion of personal resources.  These patriots, as individual show owners, now have access to a confederacy of hosts which offer more opportunities for advertisers beyond the limits of singular program marketing.  In addition, hosts are made eligible for profit-sharing through our subscription based Premium Channel Network.  We begin with a metric of over 100,000 EnetLive.tv/MOUToday.tv subscribers.  That is not enough.  We will campaign to reach over 250,000 new subscribers in the 250 Major Urban Centers in the United States.  You can not change what you do not reach.  As needed, we will innovate to reach Urban America and the World.  Working Hard is what TECN has done, does, and will do.  

When the blessings of the Lord overtake you, one must not give up, give in, or give over.  He has given us a gem to use to change our cities, our families, and our culture.  We have waited for everyone else.  We ran to the Democrats and they instituted genocide as their depopulation tactics.  We ran to the Republicans and they can not end their commitment to the status quo.  In this time of weakness, God has seized this day to help us strengthen our resolve.  As a servant leader, this is the day that was made for us to convert a dream and a prayer into the hope of freedom and liberty.  I tremble not in fear.  I rejoice in this moment of strength.  All for His Glory.




Kenneth McClenton, 
is an Urban Conservative Whose Mission Is to Spread the Good News of Christianity, Conservatism, Capitalism, Constitutionalism, and Individual Sovereignty throughout the World.  
Devoted to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, He Believes that in Order to Save the United States, We Must Mutually Pledge Our Lives, Our Fortunes, 
and Our Sacred Honor to Save Urban America.

No comments:

Post a Comment